ROCK HILL, S.C. (February 21, 2023)
– Founded in 1923 in Düsseldorf, Germany, Komet has grown to become one of the largest and most respected manufacturers of rotary instruments in the dental industry, supporting clinicians and technicians in providing the highest standard of care to their patients. Today, Komet is represented in more than 100 countries and has operated in the United States under the name Komet USA LLC since 2007.
“We have achieved this milestone through the hard work and dedication of our employees and the commitment to our customers,” said Klaus Ruebesamen, Managing Director of Gebr. Brasseler. “We have dedicated ourselves to 100 years of innovation and top-notch customer service and will continue to consistently set new standards in the dental sector.”
From its inception, Komet has been committed to supporting dentists and lab technicians in the preservation and replacement of their patients’ natural dentition through a world-class portfolio of rotary instruments, equipment and materials.
Komet has stayed at the forefront of its field by conducting its own research and development and manufacturing, delivering premium-quality instruments from its state-of-the-art factory in Lemgo, Germany through direct sales in the most relevant markets.
Komet constantly strives to improve existing products and develop new, innovative products for the dental sector.
Ongoing internationalization is a fundamental part of our corporate strategy,” said Eduardo Loreto, Director of Dental Business Unit. “The cooperation with key opinion leaders, dental organizations, universities, and the exchange with our customers give us an important impulse for the development of our innovations. The close cooperation between Komet USA and the German headquarters enables us to meet the needs of dental professionals in the US market.”
Some of the company’s most notable achievements include:
- Launching tungsten-carbide instruments in 1956
- Producing its first range of diamond instruments in 1958 that quickly became the gold standard
- Including ceramic abrasives in 1960
- Developing systematic instrument sets and replacing steel burs with tungsten carbide in the 1970s
- Creating tungsten-carbide burs with staggered toothing in 1980
- Being the first manufacturer to launch ceramic burs and drills 2003
- Launching Deep Purple™ diamonds in 2016, the coarsest diamonds on the market
- Expanding its product line to include endodontic solutions 2020
- Introducing single-use operative and finishing diamonds and carbides in 2021
“Our focus is on leveraging 100 years of experience to remain ahead of the industry,” said Mercedes Aycinena, CEO of Komet USA. “Not only in terms of our product portfolio, but also in providing our customers with a best-in-class experience through a combination of educational programs to stay at the top of their industry and investing in our customer experience to make Komet a company that is a true pleasure to do business with.”
About Komet USA
Built on 100 years of unparalleled excellence in the dental industry, Komet is a recognized worldwide leader in the production of highly specialized dental burs, discs, diamonds, and endodontic solutions. Komet operates in the United States under the name Komet USA LLC since 2007. Komet sells direct to dental practitioners and dental laboratories, delivering orders quickly and efficiently from its state-of-the-art factory in Lemgo, Germany. Komet, which numbers 1,400 employees worldwide and is represented in more than 100 countries, extends beyond the dental sector with Komet Medical, Komet Jewelry and Komet Custom Made (contract manufacturing for dental implantology).
The company’s U.S. headquarters is located in Rock Hill, South Carolina. For more information about Komet USA, call 888-566-3887 or visit www.kometusa.com