Less Stress Dentistry: Evidenced-Based Protocols for Ceramics
Thursday, January 25 | 8:00 - 11:00 am and 1:00 - 4:00 pm
More course details here
- Discuss the factors affecting precise fit and the causes of premature failure of indirect restorations
- Explain clinical protocols for anterior and posterior ceramic-based restorations from treatment planning to cementation
- Demonstrate step-by-step preparation techniques with the dental microscope HD video using specific diamonds for perfect finish lines required for all ceramic crowns, veneers, inlays, and onlays
- Utilize simple and predictable smile design methods and occlusal analysis for proper treatment planning of esthetic anterior restorations including veneers and full-mouth reconstruction
- Implement innovative and efficient one-visit workflows for integrating endodontic therapy with chairside scanning and milling
- Understand how to help patients understand their role in extending the survival of their restorations using effective communicative skills to align patient expectations and avoid unnecessary litigation
The Class II Posterior Composite Workflow: Make It Stress Free!
Thursday, January 26 | 8:00 - 11:00 am and 1:00 - 4:00 pm
More course details here
- Understand and perform each step of the posterior composite workflow to precision
- Employ optimal adhesive strategies and materials for specific cavity preparations
- Utilize simplified and innovative clinical protocols from preparation to finishing to optimize restorative outcomes and reduce patient post operative "issues"
- Demonstrate how to get precise and consistent contacts as well as excellent long term results
- Attain more profitability using time efficient techniques
About Dr. Alan Atlas
Dr. Alan Atlas has maintained a full-time private practice dedicated to esthetic and comprehensive restorative dentistry in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania for over 30 years. Dr. Atlas received his D.M.D degree from the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine and holds a dual appointment as Clinical Professor in the Department of Endodontics and the Department of Preventive/Restorative Sciences. He has been teaching at Penn Dental Medicine for more than 20 years and currently serves as Director of Restorative Microscopy teaching students precision restorative dentistry utilizing the dental microscope. Dr. Atlas is actively involved in the development and integration of research studies for dental materials, ceramics, CAD-CAM, dental implants, and microscope enhanced restorative dentistry.